Thursday, November 11, 2004

Good Samaritan

So I did my good samaritin impersonation yesterday. I was just getting home from work when a black guy was walking by. I said hello as he passed and he greeted me in kind. As I was walking up to my apartment building, he turned and asked if I had a gas can by any chance. Interestingly enough, I bought a gas can on Saturday so that I could move one 0f my vehicles that had run out as I was parking it. I told him I did, took him to the gas station and back to his car and we put the gallon in his car. Unfortunately, the car still wouldn't start. So, do I get the Karma for the effort, or does it require success in order to be Karma worthy?

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

At his request, I left him with the car. I think he was becoming uncomfortable with help at this point. I live in a very gay community and he may have been worried that I was interested. I probably should have mentioned my wife to put him at ease, but didn't think of it until later reflection. He stated that his cousin lived only two blocks away and that he would be fine, but I did help him push his car out of the tow away zone and park it somewhere legit.

November 12, 2004 at 5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home