Thursday, September 30, 2004

A lack of preperation on your part

Does not constitute an emergency on my part. My boss emailed me yesterday asking for some information that was going to take a while to collate. Of course the need was pressing and she was a bit miffed when I went to get some tea and to speak to a former boss who referred a hire prospect to me. Why does everyone live by the theory that nothing is more productive than the last minute? Of course I got the information to her, but it was for a 2005 budget that is due today. We began discussions on this budget six weeks ago, and I had my needs assessed four weeks ago and had my answers taken care of. My boss' other direct report didn't have anything finalized until last night. I guess I should have used my powers of extra sensory perception to realize that they were going to need to know how many hours my employees had spent helping them out over the course of the last two months. Of course the hours don't include the entire week I spent trying to streamline their work process for them. Something they all "were going to get around to, but never had a chance."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home