Monday, October 11, 2004

Glazed Apathetic Leash

Came across this line in a 10,000 Maniacs video the other day. Suddenly a spark went off inside me. I suffer from Glazed Apathetic Leash syndrome. I have a leash that I continually bind myself with. Apathy kills almost everything in the end and I keep binding my soul with it. I just don't care half the time because it is easier not to. And I glaze my bindings with that ease. Isn't it interesting how often we create our own bondage. Like little masochists, we take our lives and bind them in apathy then complain about how mundane they are. After a while, we don't even complain, we program apathy into our world. Whether the glazing on our leashes is the internet, or television, or movies, we slowly begin to pull our choker chain tighter until we sit in an old folks home with a pulse, but not heart, a body, but no soul.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

much like a biological human body in a matrix pod...

December 29, 2010 at 7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home